Saturday, May 12, 2012

Small beginnings, the little garden

Good things come in small packages, right?  I started a small garden for a few vegetables this year. 

I have the space, but not the right space, so I put in this garden which has the most sunshine of the day.
The little pot in the forefront I'm not sure what it is.  I planted some seeds of herbs and I can't find the markers.  I'm hoping it is basil. 

There are tomato plants for canning sauce and salsas,  some mint, and a few pickling cucumbers for well, pickles!




when they are able to be harvested.  In New England, our summers are short, so I bought a patio container of cherry tomatoes, which is the plant in the corner, not in the bed.  I hope to get another section going perhaps next weekend for peppers and maybe squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment